The Lindenhurst School District utilizes a centralized registration. Registration takes place in the McKenna Administration Building, 350 Daniel Street. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION. Please call the Registration/Residency Office at 631-867-3055 to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions.
All students must be registered by a parent or legal guardian. In order to register your child in the Lindenhurst Public Schools, please be advised that there is a specific process to follow. Please bring with you at the time of registration:
In addition to above information, you as the parent or guardian must also present proof of residency in the Lindenhurst School District. It is required that all appropriate forms and documentation be translated into English.
For HOMEOWNERS, documents for proving residency are as follows:
Current Town of Babylon Tax Bill or Incorporated Village of Lindenhurst Tax Bill, or Mortgage Statement, or Deed
Current Utility Bill, (PSEG/Suffolk County Water Authority) or a Homeowners’ Insurance Policy
For RENTERS within the district or for parents or guardians who do not own a home or rent an apartment, but live with a family member that does, you must provide the following:
Notarized Landlord Affidavit - to be completed by the Landlord or Homeowner
Notarized Affidavit to Substantiate Residency – to be completed by the person who rents/resides in the apartment/home
Landlord Proof of Residency: current Town of Babylon Tax Bill or Incorporated Village of Lindenhurst Tax Bill or Deed or Mortgage Statement of landlord
Proof of residency of the renter or persons residing in apartment/home: Please refer to the list below for residency proofs that are accepted by the District. Three (3) proofs of residency are required (not including affidavits)
Please complete the registration packet in its entirety, any incomplete registrations and failure to provide the proper documents will delay your child’s registration and will result in having to return to the office a second time to complete the registration. Your cooperation will expedite the registration process.
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
- The portion of a current utility bill showing your name and address(PSEG/Oil/Water/Cablevision)
- A lease on a home or apartment in the district, drawn up by a registered real estate agency
- A copy of a pay stub showing a printed address
- A moving bill from a commercial moving company showing your name and address
- A copy of a forwarding address card that is post marked from the post office
- Social Services paperwork showing your name and address
- Social Security paperwork showing your name and address
- Voter Registration Card
- OTHER PROOFS AS MAY BE APPROPRIATE. ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH OTHER PROOFS SHALL BE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE DISTRICT